In two weeks Paris will be turned into a ‘design-walhalla’ and we will be there. Can’t wait to go with the entire team together, seeking for new design inspiration and a lot of fun! This is our guide for must visits at the Deco Off and Maison et Objet 2016.
Marvelous Maison et Objet
There is a lot to see and explore at the fair, it’s huge! So don’t feel the pressure to visit every stand because it will be too much to handle ;). Based on our experiences last years we always visit Hall 1, 2 and 3, which this year will present the themes: Eclectic, Cosy and Elegant. Also, we just researched the other sections of exhibitors and upcoming talents list and made our selection. View our following guide:
Go to section Craft, Métiers d’art:
- Le Chene Vert, Anduze (Vases & Potiers) Hall 5A — Stand H53
- Atelier Athenais Decors Peints (Wall murals) Hall 5A — Stand L43
- Beatrice Bruneteau Ceramiques (Wall Sculptures) Hall 5A — Stand H18
Look in the map where this Craft section is located and go for it ;). Don’t forget to stroll around in the materials library close to this section in Hall 5B. This is the place where over hundred material innovations will be shown and hopefully we discover amazing new ones!
Go to section Scènes d’Intérieur:
- Ginger & Jagger, Hall 7 — Stand G16
- Munna, Hall 7 — Stand G16
- Venetia Studium, Hall 7 — Stand G90 / H89
- Fortuny, Hall 7 — Stand G90 / H89
- Stellar Works, Hall 7 — Stand G2 / H1
- Altto, Hall 7 — Stand G196
More new brands:
- Thierry Martenon, Hall 7 — Stand H166
- Magic Circus Editions (left picture above), Hall 7 — Stand G66
- Rue Monsieur Paris, Hall 7 — Stand H213
- Leyla Uluhanli Collection (right picture above), Hall 7 — Stand H7
- Womb, Hall 7 — Stand I96
- Welter Manufaktur, Hall 7 — Stand J140
- Kifu Paris, Hall 7 — Stand K136
- Bagues-bronzes de France, Hall 7 — Stand K153 / k153
We selected 3 upcoming talents from the list by Maison et Objet that we think are very interesting! One of the new talents is from Norway; Studio Kneip. The designers create art objects with wood and abandoned materials as copper and its oxidation which result in these kind of objects. Love the combination of nature and craftsmanship!
Another upcoming talent from Scandinavia is Troels Flensted. He explores the reactions of materials when mixing, melting and freezing them!
The third talented duo is Farg & Blanche from Sweden and France. The interesting aspect is that they experiment with innovative materials and new couture shapes like these chairs, very unique!
Must visits Deco-off
The Deco Off is our favorite part of the design week; strolling around in Saint Germain and Rue de Mail to visit the expositions of all the new collections! Look on the map to see where all these important ones are located:
- Gaston y Daniela
- Hermes (picture below left)
- Jim Thompson
- Karin Sajo (picture below right)
- Pierre Frey
- Tassinari & Chatel
- Mulberry Home
Hopefully this guide makes it easier for you at the fair and Deco Off. Next week we will present open art galleries during the design week and hotspots in Paris. Find the 10 hottest restaurants here and good luck with packing! See you in Paris ;).
Posted by Ethnic Chic