Tomorrow we’re off to the Design Week 2015 in Milan, can’t wait to see all the new and upcoming talents on the ‘Salone del Mobile’ fair and events in the city! This heaven of design heaven is something you don’t want to miss, time to share some practical details and our must-visit list…Next to this, check out our restaurant tips and top 10 hotels!
Who, what, where?
Briefly, the Milan Design Week includes the Salone del Mobile and Fuorisalone; a full of design and furnishing events. There is definitely too much to run after, or prepare before going. So the best way to discover the city without having the idea you miss something, is choosing districts you want to go to and research the websites of your favorite brands. Where it all comes down to is just walking around, and let your senses speak.
How we prepare is recalling our experience from last years and a little bit of research for this year. Here’s our must visit list:
- Rubelli presents a new furniture collection ‘Rubelli Casa’, in their new showroom (Via Fatebenefratelli 9, Milano) where also the new collection of Donghia will be presented, enjoy with a cocktail on tuesday 14th (7 p.m. – 11 p.m.)
- Bisazza unveils the historical printings of Emilio Pucci in a crafted mosaic @ flagship store (Via Senato 2, Milano)
- Hermès en Lumière, a new lighting collection of Hermès (Via Pisoni 2, Milano)
- Dedar with the latest Hermès Interior decor textiles and wallpaper designs, we’ve seen this in Paris and it was amazing how they presented, will visit again in Milan (Fiori Chiari 18, Milano)
- Go to ‘Superstudio Piu’ in Tortona District; Elitis will presents a ‘welcome to wonderland’ creation with a lenticular wall and Fischbacher is worth visiting (Via Tortona 27, Milano)
- Moooi presents a new collection ‘The unexpected welcome’, every year worth visiting (Via Savona 56, Milano)
- Jimmy Choo celebrates the ‘Salone del Mobile’ by presenting the peacock chair into a new design version at the Jimmy Choo boutique (Via Sant’ Andrea 1, Milano)
- From all the districts, the Tortona and Brera district are the most interesting for us, and most of the events will be in these districts.
- FAVILLA is al installation event that explores the essence of light, created by architect Attilio Stocchi. The immersive “FAVILLA” installation unfolds inside two perception-altering large boxes amid a dazzling, reflective show of lights, much like the interior of a geode (Piazza San Fedele, Milano)
Opening details Salone del Mobile
Date: 14-19 April 2014.
Time: each day from 9.30 am to 6.30 pm, open to general public on Saturday and Sunday.
Latest updates fair via: Blog Salone del Mobile
Golden tip: download full event program and map via Elle Decor Italia Salone App!
Our next post is about ‘Feathers’. Don’t miss the post, follow our blog on Bloglovin.
Must visits for Milan Design Week 2015. Posted by Ethnic Chic